When Big Things Happen - Natural Disasters
What's happening to my body?
There can be lots of things that you feel after something big has happened, and there may be changes to how your body behaves as well. Have you noticed anything about the way YOUR body reacts after something big happens? You may notice that you:
- feel more tired than usual
- feel a bit ‘sick’ in the tummy
- don't want to play as much as you usually do
- can't get to sleep or you sleep way longer than usual
- want to eat more or less
- are crankier than normal
- worry more than usual about all sorts of things that probably wouldn't have worried you before
- are bothered by things that might not have bothered you before
- have nightmares
- find it hard to concentrate at home or at school
- feel like crying but don't know why
All these are really normal ways for your body to react after a natural disaster and they usually only last for a while. However, it is important for people around you to know how you are feeling, so make sure you tell someone you can trust.